Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Last Day

So this morning I heard that damn Nickelback tune ‘If Today Was Your Last Day’ and I couldn’t get it out of my head. So I started thinking about that. That is always a bad thing.

If today was your last day on Earth and you knew it. Twenty-four hours from the moment you woke up. What would you do? One thing I know for certain, I’m not taking a nap today. Well two things I know. I guess I could smoke as much as I want. It would probably piss some people off but whatever.

It’s a totally hard question to answer. Most of the things I do seem like some kind of waste when put in that perspective. Painting? I don’t think I would bother unless I had something I really needed to finish. But if I knew this was the end I wouldn’t be in the mood to paint anyway. Eating or drinking? Do too much of either and I would be sleeping through my last day. See nap above.

Contact and try and forgive an old friend who, for very personal reasons, you have come to hate like the devil himself? Nah. I’m not wired for that. Think about what you have done with your life? What you have accomplished. Why? At this point it’s too late to change any of it.

I would want to see my family. My dad, brother, and sister. But all the time it would take to get to them. I don’t know. There is really nothing else I would want to go see. Well unless somehow magically I could be at a PSU national championship football game!

So what do I do?

I think I would just have to do what I love to do the most (Nooooo!). Just spend time with my friends, family, and special people in my life. Just talking to them and enjoying their company. Whether it is on the phone, the computer, or in person. That seems the most likely answer. Anyway It’s the best I can come up with.

Than again, in the end, maybe this is one of those questions you can’t answer till the time comes. Maybe I would just sit in the window, drink coffee, and ponder what tomorrow would bring.

If today was your last day and tomorrow was too late
Could you say goodbye to yesterday?
Would you live each moment like your last
Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had, if today was your last day?
What if, what if, if today was your last day?


tuneage

No comments:

Post a Comment