Tuesday, March 8, 2011

In Memory Of ....

I didn't know Sabrinaa Nightfire but I did know the name well. I saw her in SL one time years ago at one art opening or another where I noticed a 'cousin' of mine flitting around putting finishing touches on her work. Sadly I know more about her now than I did before her passing. Because of my mom I always feel a little sad when I hear that somebody has succumbed to cancer. Still I wouldn't be writing this except that she seems to have touched so many lives in her SL family and touched them in a good way. In the end I suppose that is all any artist can ask for, to be remembered in a good way.

A friend of mine sent me a a blog post by Rowan Derryth that contains a description that I'm borrowing here without permission, I hope she doesn't mind. It tells me all I need to know about Sabrinaa Nightfire.

".... Only one work here speaks of her struggle: Stage 4, a simple platform with phrases that vocalize her thoughts of anger at having stage four cancer. The one that hit me the hardest was “I have a lot more art to make.” A pose ball with the text “I am SO Angry!” allows one to have a virtual tantrum – something that some might find theraputic today."

Another thing about artists is that they are never finished with their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment