Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Observations on Art 12.13

You know I just love time-lapse videos and this one is way cool. It's something about the swirling colors and the scooters weaving through each other but never touching. I'd love to try and do a time-lapse of an NYPD scooter parade, maybe I should pass on that given the current situation.

Rob Whitworth is a freelance photographer who specializes in time-lapse and lives in Hoi An, Vietnam. He graduated from the Norwich School of Art & Design with an honours degree in Graphic Design and currently works for The Guardian and the BBC among others. Unlike normal time-lapse this short film was made by sequencing 10,000 RAW images of Ho Chi Minh City. A camera's RAW image file contains unprocessed data not ready for printing or editing.


Traffic in Frenetic HCMC, Vietnam from Rob Whitworth on Vimeo.

"Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is an amazing up and coming city.
This time lapse is a culmination of 10,000 RAW images and
multiple shoots capturing some of the cities relentless energy
and pace of change.
Everyone who has visited Ho Chi Minh City,
Vietnam knows part of the magic (love it or hate it) is in the traffic.
Ever since I first set foot in HCMC I have been captivated by the
cities energy. Saigon is a city on the move unlike anything I have
experienced before which I wanted to capture and share.
Thanks to everyone who helped with the film and thanks also
to the numerous kind people who allowed me access to some
amazing locations."

No comments:

Post a Comment