Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Observations from the Window

For reasons all my own I find myself sitting in the window thinking about pettiness. Or is it simple immaturity?

Why do people act petty? Do they become obnoxious because it’s fun and gets everything stirred up and than they get the attention they are starved for in the first place? I guess that isn’t too hard to understand. Or is it insecurity? So afraid somebody might possibly be right that they have to go and trash everything about that other person to ease their own mind.

My own personal opinion is that people act that way because, for some reason, they feel inferior to you and probably anybody else they disagree with. They make themselves feel better by putting you down.

I don’t have the time or patience for other people’s pettiness and childish games. If I’ve learned one thing it’s that life is too short and precious too waste on things like that.

It means absolutely nothing to me.

As always I turn to the authority on all matters. The Urban Dictionary defines petty as ‘Someone that is so insignificant as to be almost unworthy of notice, even despicable. Marked by narrowness of mind, ideas, or views. Deliberately nasty for a foolish or trivial reason.’

tuneage

No comments:

Post a Comment